Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Caine Speaks!

AUTHOR: Jett
DATE: April 1, 2009

Photobucket

The great Sir Michael Caine -- who portrays Alfred Pennyworth in the current Chris Nolan BATMAN film series -- had a few Bat-related things to say of late. Check this out…

On Heath Ledger winning an Oscar:

“I'm so pleased. I thought that it was very important for his family as well. I was a big fan of his from the first time that I met him. I was absolutely stunned by the way that he did it and the energy that went into [playing The Joker].”

On Christian Bale’s TERMINATOR meltdown:

“That stunned me, because he's not like that at all. I would never have imagined Christian doing that. It's completely out of character. “[But], I outdid Christian by about 30 minutes [on the set of THE LAST VALLEY] and with more language than he knew!”

Caine also says that he expects to do a third BATMAN as soon as director Chris Nolan is ready -- though he joked, “I hope I'm still alive [by then]!

Sir Michael also speculated on a possible villain -- The Riddler. While Nolan may well decided on using the character, keep in mind that Caine knows about the next Bat-Villain as you and me.

In other words, he's guessing and/or responding to the rumors just like you and -- well -- not me. ;)

For the full story, visit PEOPLE.COM.

No comments:

Post a Comment