Wednesday, July 15, 2009

GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT - Tricia Helfer

July 15, 2009



Battlestar Galactica’s visually stunning centerpiece shifts to another space-based destination as the voice of Boodikka in GREEN LANTERN: FIRST FLIGHT, the next DC Universe animated original PG-13 movie coming to DVD on July 28, 2009.



Helfer expands her voiceover career with her first feature-length film role as Boodikka, the most prominent female member of the Green Lantern Corps. Helfer joins Christopher Meloni, Victor Garber and Michael Madsen as the core quartet of voices in the film, supported by fine performances from Juliet Landau, John Larroquette, Kurtwood Smith and a host of others.

* On voicing Boodikka: "Boodikka’s a fighter, a protector. She is very honorable in that she does what she thinks is right, even if some things go against the grain. She’s certainly not an evil character per se, but she does things that she thinks are good for society. She’s not really sexy in terms of her personality, so she’s not trying to reel Hal in – that relationship is more like comrades. So I wanted to play Boodikka both strong and sweet."

* On how much did she knew about Green Lantern/the GL mythos: "I did a little research, but not too much.

I grew up without a television on a farm in the middle of nowhere, so I really didn’t see hardly any movies or TV series, and no cartoons. So I kind of have to go into things with a really blank slate, an open mind, and I think sometimes that’s good actually for voices because you don’t go in with anything really preconceived. I never feel like I have to fit a certain (type) because I’ve seen this character played that way before. I can read the script and go in feeling with my own gut instinct. And then (she laughs) you have a nice room full of people that tell you if you’re messing up or to try it different way."

Check out these three new images:





No comments:

Post a Comment