Friday, January 9, 2009

Goyer Talks BATMAN 3

Posted by: Jett
Friday, January 9, 2009
AddThis

David Goyer has his new movie -- THE UNBORN -- hitting theaters this weekend, and of course he's been doing press for it. And of course, the press is asking him about the next BATMAN. Here's a few blurbs from his chat with AICN....

* “Warner Bros. would love Chris to do it. Everybody would love Chris to do it.”

* “There's no deal in place. And Chris won't do a deal until he's satisfied that there is a story worth continuing. He doesn't want to make... I don't think there's ever been a good third movie. And I say that having made one. I like THE EXORCIST III in a way.

* “Trust me, the pressure is insane. It is the single most important thing on Warner Bros.' agenda. There's enormous pressure. I guess there's a knock-off effect with me and Jonathan because we're the ones who Chris is looking to to ‘convince me that there is a third one.’”

* “[Chris and I are] musing. He just needs to be convinced that there is a story that has credibility. I was talking to him the other day, and I said, ‘It's at least a movie that the audience clearly wants.’ And he said, ‘I agree, but wanting it and getting it... doesn't mean it'll be a great movie.’ And if it's not a great movie, then to spend three years on it is kind of heartbreaking.”

A whole bunch of somewhat interesting nothing, right? *sigh* You can read the full interview by clicking on the link provided above.

No comments:

Post a Comment